Thursday, June 26, 2008

29 Weeks

I had my appointment today! Everything looks good and no weight gain in the past 2 weeks - Hooray!
I found out this week that I have gestational diabetes, which is disappointing, but not surprising. I am on a strict diet and have to test my blood sugar several times a day. Starting at 32 weeks, I have to go for an ultrasound and Non-Stress Test every Tuesday until I deliver. Although its time consuming, I am glad because we can really keep a close eye on the baby until she is ready to be born. The doctors think she will probably come early at 37 or 38 weeks, but obviously we can't know for sure. She has been full of surprises thus far! I just don't want her to come too early, because I want her to grow strong and healthy in my belly as long as possible.

On another note, I took Alex to My Gym today for a 2-hour playtime without me. When I told him that I was leaving and would be back in a little while, he said, "That will not be a good idea. Don't leave about (without) me." Then the teacher got him interested in the activity, and I left. I proceeded to cry my eyes out. It is the first time I have ever left him with someone other than family. I felt so bad, but then I went shopping and a little retail therapy worked wonders. When I went back to get him, he said, "Momma, just leave." All that crying and money spending and he didn't even miss me. Tomorrow Alex and I are off to the beach for a week. A little Babymoon with my buddy. Less than 10 weeks until his world is forever rocked.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jamie, sorry to hear about the diabetes, but you will control it and all will go well. I cannot believe you only have ten more weeks! And then the world will welcome "Miss" Beynon!!!

Have fun at the beach and have a good 4th of July!!!