Saturday, December 27, 2008

One Year Ago...

It was one year ago today that I found out I was pregnant. I took a pregnancy test as I was about to get in the shower, even though I felt for sure it was going to be negative AGAIN this month. When I got out of the shower, I held the test in my shaking hand and sure enough there was the faintest of faint lines. I was pregnant. I ran downstairs to the basement calling to Jay in a slightly hysterical tone...I showed him the test, and of course he wasn't convinced. So off to Walmart we went to buy some more. Again the lines were so faint, we almost couldn't see them. I went to the lab and had blood work done, only to be told not to go on my vacation (as I was on the plane) because they thought it was a good possibility I would miscarry. Well, I went on that vacation with my husband, my beautiful son, and our family. I had a good time, and I prayed a lot. And when I got back home, I was still pregnant. And a year later, my perfect little girl is sleeping soundly next to her daddy...and my life is complete.

1 comment:

The Beynon Family said...

Despite all the worry in the beginning of your pregnancy, God knew how special Isabella would be and just how much joy she would bring to us all. What a gift!