Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Alex gave me the best gift in the world today...he sat all cuddled up next to me in church for the whole mass. (Isabella lasted about 30 minutes, but that is okay too.) On the other side of me was my mother, and next to her, my grandmother. Behind me was my sister. I felt so blessed. It was the best gift I could ever ask for on Mother's Day.

Mother's Day is an amazing day. I love being both a mother and a daughter (and a sister and a granddaughter) on this day. I have had such beautiful role models in my life, and I hope and pray that one day my children say the same thing about me. I remember being a young child and growing up with my mother being patient and kind and loving. I always knew (and still know) that she loved her children more than anything...and the feelings I have for my own children cannot be put into words. They are beautiful and ornery and loving and frustrating. They are the reasons my heart beats. And as I sat in church today, I prayed for them that they always know no matter what they do or where they are, their momma loves them.

No comments: