Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's Day 2011


As is the mother, so is her daughter.

-Ezekiel 16:44



I can only hope this quote is true. I try everyday to be like my mom. She is my role model. I believe she was put on this earth to serve others and to lead by example. She has amazing faith. She believes the best of others. She is a selfless mom and grandmother.

I try to emulate her in every way so that maybe one day Isabella will in turn want to emulate me.

I really enjoy Mother's Day now that I am both a daughter and a Mother. I love that mothers have a day to be pampered and spoiled. Because let's be real...it doesn't happen often. Everyday I DO for my kids. I LIVE for my kids. I believe that is how it should be. If I am doing my job right, then my success in life will be reflected in how my children live their lives. I try to live my life in a way that will make my mom proud and to show the world what a great role model she is in my life.



I feel so blessed to have been honored this week by my children. Isabella and I made pizza in school which we shared at snack time. Then she presented me with her hand print in gold... her little hand that fits so perfectly in mine. The hand that touches my face when she says, "I love you, Mommy."









And yesterday Alex and I went on a date to the Mother's Day Luncheon at his school. He sat front and center on the stage and sang his heart out. He was chosen to hold up the sign "You" when the children sang our song, "You Are My Sunshine." He made me a plate where he drew us as a big sun and a little sun , because he always "wants me to remember our special bedtime song." Like I ever could forget. I can't describe the joy I felt when I realized that not only is he the light of my life, but I am his...




Some days are tough, some times I get frustrated, being a mom is not always easy...but it is SO worth it. As the Chinese writer, Lin Yutang, said, "Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother." I believe this with all my heart. Like my mother, I was born to be a mother and my children are most amazing gifts that I can give the world.



Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: