Sunday, September 3, 2017

Happy 9th Birthday, Isabella

Beach time with the family
 Dear Izzy,

Another year has gone by in a blink of an eye. You are starting 3rd grade next week after an amazing summer of family time at the beach.  We spent our days riding on the boat, building castles in the sand, and playing in the waves.  Grandma has nicknamed you 'Mermaid' because your favorite place to be is in the ocean.

I went back and read your letter from last year, and I feel like I could write the exact same words once again.  I say it all the time, from the minute you came into this world you have been inherently you. I may be a little biased but I think you were born as close to perfect as a person can possibly be. You are a ray of sunshine every single day. But as you grow and gain knowledge and experiences, you just continue to glow brighter and brighter with each passing year.  Your smile, your crazy laugh, your love for life, your patience and kindness towards your brothers, your loyalty to your friends and family, truly makes you the heart of our family.
My Beach Babe

Your positive attitude and ability to find joy in the simplest things are going to take you far in this world.  You are so well-rounded, sporty and girly, serious and silly, tough and sweet. You are athletic and a leader on your teams. You love to play soccer, basketball, and lacrosse. You love to swim and dance. You are Daddy's best helper in the yard. You are my shopping buddy, and you love to cuddle and read with me at night. You are the best sister in the world. You play with Zachary for hours, keeping him entertained with your amazing imagination. You shoot hoops and jump on the trampoline with Alex.  He has even been heard saying that you are a cool little sister! You are a sweet and fair friend.  You are a good student both in school and in life.
Birthday Fun!







I know I tell you this often, but I truly thank God for you every day. I don't know what I would do without you. You bring us so much love and joy and laughter (very loud laughter). I know I am the mom, and I try to set a good example for how to live, but even at nine years old, the way you live your life to the fullest each day is an example that everyone should follow. Maybe it is silly to say that I look up to you, but I do.  I think everyone should have a little more sunshine in their hearts the way you do.
Happy 9th Birthday

No comments: