Tuesday, September 3, 2019

HAPPY 11th to IZZY!!

Dear Izzy, 

Happy 11th birthday! As always, we had so much fun over the weekend celebrating YOU! You had a Mystery Party sleepover with your besties. You are so very blessed with the sweetest friends. On Sunday, we had family brunch with all your favorite foods - Trader Joe cinnamon buns, chocolate chip croissants, and red velvet cupcakes. It was a beautiful day just for you, my beautiful girl. Your birthday is always the best way to end summer. 

Speaking of summer, we had a busy one!! We started the summer in Disney World. We traveled to Colorado for the first time where we kayaked, hiked and biked! And we spent most of the summer at the beach-swimming, shopping and spending time with our family. One of my most favorite memories of the summer was the day you and I watched the sun rise over the ocean.
  
And as the fall begins, you are experiencing so many changes in your life. The biggest change is starting a new school. You are now a Bryn Mawr Girl.
You are going to be so successful at Bryn Mawr. I know it is a little scary and different right now, but you, my girl, are the whole package!  You are smart, athletic, conscientious, creative and kind! As I have always told you since you were a tiny girl- you can do it!!!! Anything! Everything! Even learn French (Inside Joke 😜). So go into this new school year with confidence and pride. You were born to be a leader. 

I’m not saying it will always be easy, but remember one thing, when things get tough and you need help, guidance or a reminder of how awesome you are, I am here for you! I am your safe place, your rock. I will always be right here if you need me. 

“Don’t change so people will like you. Be yourself and the right people will love you!”  I read this quote and it reminded me of you. Don’t ever change,  because you radiate kindness and goodness and love. People are drawn to your sense of humor and compassion for others.  You have sweet friends because you are sweet and those are the type of people you attract. Your family adores you because of your loyalty and huge heart. This world needs more people like you! 

I am so excited to see all the wonderful adventures this year has in store for you!!! 

Love you - you will always be my best girl. 
Mommy





No comments: