Monday, January 13, 2020


Zachary, 

Happy 8th birthday!!

 8 years. 2,920 days. I can’t believe you have been my baby boy for this long. Sometimes I forget and still think of you as my baby or my toddler or my five-year old. I think it is because you are so attached to me. I know the time is coming when I won’t be the center of your universe. I have lived this first hand with your brother. It will break my heart a little, just like it did with Alex. So I will savor this time. I know in a few short years I will be wishing for the time when you always wanted to hold my hand or wanted me to rub your back to help you sleep. These moments are so special to me, because you are my baby. I know I will never have this time with you again.  

You have tried some new things this year. You gave a memorized speech as George W. Bush in school. We went to Disney World, and you rode all the big roller coasters. In Colorado, you loved to rock climb. You hiked and rode a bike for ten miles. You stood on snow in July!  You snorkeled with Daddy in Turks and Caymans. You played flag football this fall and went to two Ravens games. You still play basketball and lacrosse. And you love to swim in school and in the summer at the pool and the beach. 

You continue challenge me everyday. If nothing else, at least you are consistent. You are stubborn and sometimes you have selective hearing. But you have a big heart and show a lot of empathy towards others. You have made a bunch of new friends, and you and Grayson continue to be best buds.

My wish for you this year is for you to realize just how amazing you are! Have confidence. Work hard. Be brave. Be kind. Try to be a little more patient with yourself and others. And as always and forever, I will love you. I am your mom. Your person. And I will continue to be as long as you need me.  And even longer than that. 

I love you, Mommy







No comments: