Friday, March 27, 2009

Alex-isms 5

Sometimes I think Alex doesn't listen to a word I say. But I could not be more wrong. He quotes me on a daily basis, and in the correct contexts too!
  • I have been known to say to Jay at the end of a long day, "I am so done!" He was mad at Jay and told him, "I am so done with you, Daddy."
  • His friend Brody was upset the other night and Alex told him, "You just need to calm down."
  • Alex has been saying a bad word or two lately. I have threatened to wash his mouth out with soap, and actually followed through with it once. Tonight Jay said "stupid," and Alex didn't miss a beat..."Momma, get the soap and wash out Daddy's mouth. Daddy, your mouth will burn!"
  • I HATE whining! Alex gets NO WHERE with me when he whines. Tonight at dinner, Jay kept telling him to eat. Alex looked at him and said, "I will...if you stop whining."

No comments: