1. There is no greater love than a mother's love. My children have blessed me with the title(s) of Momma (Alex) and Mom-meee (Isabella). But no matter what they call me, the love I feel for them is like nothing else in this world. My love for my children is instinctual, unwavering, and will last forever. I may have given them life, but they are the reason I live.
2. Having a place to call home means everything. As I sit in my kitchen, I look at the wooden sign hanging above our mantle - This is the house that love built. Never was there a truer statement. This house is our home because of all of the love that fills its walls. I am safe here. Isabella is sleeping soundly in her room. Alex is playing with his Spiderman toys and building with blocks. Jay is walking through the door with dinner! This is where we live, argue, laugh, and play. There is no place I would rather be.
3. I would be nothing without my family. Family is forever. They are my cheerleaders, my friends, my gossip buddies, my past, my present and my future.
4. I am the luckiest girl in the world. See #1-3.
5. Coffee and wine can cure most of my ailments. Well, I can't be serious all of the time. I literally need that first sip of coffee to wake me up. Coffee cures my tiredness (aka grouchiness) in the morning and makes me a happier Momma. Jay calls it my Princess Juice. Wine is just what the "doctor" ordered after a long day of poop, attitude, whining and fussiness. It helps me unwind and calm my nerves. Take tonight for instance...without that glass of wine I don't know what I would have done as I watched Alex eat his Miso Soup with chopsticks, spill it everywhere and then shoot edamame across the living room....
Happy Thanksgiving 2009.
(And yes, I borrowed this idea from O Magazine)