Thursday, December 2, 2010

Brotherly (and Sisterly) Love



I know this post is a week late and it isn't because I am any less thankful this year. In fact, I have even more to be thankful for this year. I am so blessed. As I went back and read my Thanksgiving posts from the past three years, even I am amazed that this is my life. How is it even possible that each year my life gets better and better?


If you are an avid princealexsmomma reader, I don't want to sound repetitive by going on and on about all of my blessings, so I am going to tell you what I am most thankful for this year.

I am most thankful for Alex and Isabella's relationship. I know it may not always be as it is today, but today they love eachother most of all. From the moment Isabella was born (and maybe even before), Alex has loved his baby sister. And Isabella smiled her first smile at her big brother. Their relationship has grown. People stop me wherever I go and comment on the sweet interactions they witness between them. He is her protector. If she is hurt, she wants Alex to hug her and make it better. Alex always watches out for his baby sister. He says to me, "Don't worry Mom, I will take care of her." She is his biggest fan. She misses him every morning when he is in school. She says, "I need my Al-ee." They play together and cuddle and watch movies together. They get into trouble together.
When Alex's teacher asked him what he was most thankful for, he said his sister. When I ask Isabella who she loves best, she says her brother. And I wouldn't want it any other way.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so true...when I babysit and Bella does not want to go to bed she cries for Alex. He will come to her rescue!! I have always loved the sweet and unconditional love I see between Alex and Isabella. You are right Jamie, this is definitely a reason to be thankful and proud of your children!
Love, Mom (grandma)