Tuesday, June 10, 2014

8 and 1/2

Alex,

Happy half birthday.  You are 8 and 1/2 today.  Your sister made you cards and said you needed to have a present.  She sent me to the store to get you LEGOS.  And we bought you one of your favorite sweets for dessert - Berger cookies.

This Spring has been a blur of activity.  You are excelling in school.  The teachers go on and on about what a bright boy you are and how kind you are too. We went back to Turks where you had a blast going down the water slides, jumping off boats and snorkeling.  You had an awesome lacrosse season and played in your first tournament.

Last month you received your First Communion.  I was so proud of how seriously you took learning about Jesus and the Eucharist.  You were mature and reverent.  You wore Grandma Mela's cross and looked so handsome dressed in the suit that Daddy and Pop Pop helped you pick out.  Faith has always been so important to me in my life, and I am so happy that I get to share that faith with you.

There is less than a week until summer.  I am looking forward to having you home. You are such a big help with Isabella and Zach.  And I am excited to go to the beach and make our usual runs to Dunkin Donuts and Wawa.  I love being at the beach with you, because you love it as much as I do. It is our "happy place!"

When I asked you to describe yourself at 8 and 1/2 you said, "I'm an athlete. I think I'm awesome. Ladies love me.  Oh and I love my family."  

Yes, you are an athlete and more importantly a team player.  You are absolutely awesome.  And how could the ladies resist that gorgeous face?  Oh and we love you more than anything.  You truly are the best son and brother we could ever ask for...

I love you with all my heart,
Mom


No comments: