Wednesday, January 23, 2008

2-Year Check-Up

I finally took Alex for his check-up today. He did a great job. He loved being able to hold the stethescope and only cried for a minute when he got his shot! Dr. Vazzano was very impressed with his speech (no surprise there!) He also said that it is advanced that Alex knows how to use the correct pronouns and can count and know the meaning of counting. He is my little smarty-pants!

As for the problems with hitting and pinching - he is right on target developmentally. Dr. V made me feel better and said a lot of kids his age go through this. He said it especially common when they are around kids their own age. And it is no surprise that I spend the whole My Gym class playing referee!

He is growing beautifully - he is 30 pounds and 36 inches tall. He is in the 60th percentile for weight and 80th percentile for height.

I guess I will close with a cute (but too smart) comment Alex made the other day! He wanted to go in the basement and I said, "No, it is dark. Momma will be scared." He replied, "Well, turn the wights (lights) on." Outsmarted by my 2-year old!

1 comment:

The Beynon Family said...

He is beautiful!!! Love you Alex!