Thursday, May 8, 2008

Are You Happy?

Alex is your typical fearless, stubborn two-year old boy. Lately when he does something that I don't like I have been saying, "Alex, that doesn't make me happy when you.... hit, don't listen, stand on the table, whine, etc. Then he always says, "I'll hug you Momma and you will feel happy." Now he asks me at random times, "Momma, are you happy?" It is like he just wants to make sure.

Last night he was very upset because I wouldn't let him take pictures with my new, expensive camera. He was crying so hard. It was breaking my heart, but he was not getting his hands on my camera. I told him we would go home get my other camera for him to use. That seemed to help a little. Then he said to me, "Momma, I'll be happy. I will just wipe my tears away!" It was the cutest thing I had ever heard!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that Alex! I just love him! He is the greatest little boy. A joy to be around. What a wonderful thing for him to say to you, Jamie!