Monday, May 26, 2008

Moving and Shaking

I have been feeling the baby move for about 2 months now. At first it was barely noticable, and now I feel her moving all the time. It is my absolute favorite part of being pregnant. It is our special bond. I think about her constantly, and I love when she moves because I feel like she is saying, "I hear your voice, Momma. I feel your hand on your belly, Momma."

In the past week or two, I have thought I felt her from the outside too. In fact, I could swear at times that I have seen my whole belly shake. But no one else had seen or felt her yet. On Saturday night, May 24th, my suspisions were finally confirmed. Jay felt his daughter move for the first time. He put his hand there and said he only felt me breathing, but then she gave a little "kick" and he said, "I felt that!" So although I have loved sharing these little moments with my baby over the past two months, I am so happy that Jay is now in on our secret. I can't wait for Alex to feel her.

1 comment:

The Beynon Family said...

That is the greatest feeling in the world. I wish we could bottle it!