Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving

It seems that every year I have more and more to be thankful for. Just when I think I have it all (see the entry from last year), somehow I am blessed with more.

This past year has been the most challenging as a parent (thus far), but also the most rewarding. Although Alex can be a handful at times, it has been a joy to watch him grow and learn and even exert his independence. I am so proud to be his momma.

It was 11 months ago that I found out I was going to have another baby. And now I have the most perfect little girl. Tonight as I watched her little face light up when she looked at Alex, and later when I cuddled with her and her little fingers were holding mine, I was overwhelmed with gratitude. She has made our little family complete. And even though she is only 3 months old, I cannot imagine life without her.

It was 8 short months ago that where this beautiful home sits was a hole in the ground. We were so blessed to be able to plan all the details and then watch it being built every step of the way. The night we moved in, we sat in awe of the house that was now ours. Jay and I truly have our dream home in which to raise our children.

Days seem to come and go so quickly when you are busy raising a family and living life, but I try to stop and thank God everyday for all He has given me. I am truly blessed and I owe it all to Him.

Happy Thanksgiving 2008!

No comments: