Monday, September 12, 2011

Big Day for My Big Girl






Today Isabella started 3 Year Old preschool. When we got to school she smiled as we snapped pictures of her by the “Chestnut Grove Tree.” Then it was time to go to her classroom. She put her tiny hand in mine and looked up at me. “Momma, you are going to stay with me?” I held back the tears and told her that no I wouldn’t be staying but she is a big girl and will be fine (but would I?) She wouldn’t let go of my hand. She might as well have been squeezing my heart. I kissed her and said a quick goodbye knowing she was in good hands. I held back my tears until I got into my car. I cannot believe she is already in preschool. As I have said so many times before, the years are going by so so quickly. I want her to stay my baby girl. I kept busy this morning and looked forward to seeing my girl at 12:30. When I picked her up she was sitting in her cubby with a huge smile on her face. She had a great morning.

We went home, had a snack, changed clothes and then we were off to her first ballet class. She was too cute in her pink tights, ballet shoes and tutu. When we picked up Alex from the bus stop she showed him all her new moves!

What a day!

No comments: