Friday, July 13, 2012

Half Birthday

Zachary,

Happy Half Birthday!  For six months you have been a part of this family, and I can barely remember what life was like before you were born. We love you so very much.  You remind me of your sister with your social personality.  Nowadays you hardly ever want to nurse during the day, because you are too busy turning your head to see what Alex and Isabella are doing.  You smile that toothless grin at everyone and look at them expectantly, wanting them to entertain you! You carry on whole conversations, and we all wonder what you are saying! You remind me of your brother by being a sweetheart yet all boy at the same time.  You grab our faces and pull them towards you to "kiss" us.  You love to cuddle in the morning.  You look so much like Alex as a baby, yet you have your own look about you too!  Alex always tells everyone, "He looks just like me when I was a baby, but I was fatter!"  That is very true.  I am loving putting you in Alex's baby clothes and taking your picture. 

You are a lucky little boy, because your brother and sister cannot get enough of you.  Alex calls you "Zacky" and Isabella calls you, "My baby." I'm pretty sure you are the most kissed and hugged baby in the world.  Sometimes I literally have to pull them away from you.  But you adore them and the attention they give you.

So many more firsts this month...

I finally decided to put you in your crib for naps and bedtime.  I miss you so much, but you love spreading out in your crib and listening to the same mobile Alex used listen to when he was falling asleep.  And since you are still waking up to nurse once or twice in the middle of the night, we still get our quiet time together.  I sit in the rocker in your room and we cuddle up under a blanket, and I rock you as you make up for all the time you didn't want to nurse during the day!  And as nice as it would be to get more than 3 or 4 hours of sleep in a row, I promise I don't mind getting up with you.  I could cry when I think about how fleeting this time is, how quickly you are growing up.  I am enjoying every second of you being my baby. 

This month you also tried formula, apples, peaches, sweet potatoes, and avocado for the first time.  You like the veggies better than the fruits.  You gobbled up half of a avocado for lunch yesterday. 

You went to Ocean City for the first (second and third) time too. On your first morning there, we watched the sun rise over the ocean.  It is something I will never forget. You've been to all the hot spots - Fish Tales, Tequila Mockingbird, and Grottos!  I lathered you in sunscreen, put clothes with SPF in them on you, sit you under the umbrella and your little arms still got tan!  You take after Alex in that way too!  You saw your first fireworks show!  You loved them!  As Izzy said, "You just stared and stared at the fireworks.  Not moving.  Not even blinking."


You are learning so much.  You try to clap your hands, you love playing with your toes, you say "de de de de" over and over.  You love to stand in your exersaucer and play.  And you are practicing sitting up by yourself.

This afternoon, we will celebrate the first six months of you life.  We will eat half a cake that I baked and give you a few little gifts that we picked out!  And I will make two wishes - one for me and one for you.  My wish I know will not come true, but I will hope and pray for it anyway!  I will wish for the next six months to go slowly.  I want you to stay my cuddly, slobberly, chubby little bubba for as long as possible.  And your wish has already come true - I will wish for you to be the sweetest, happiest, most adored little boy a family could ever love! 

A few more things I never want to forget about you at six months...


 You suck your thumb, your pacifier, my hand, but you more often than not fall asleep with the leg of your stuffed toy in your mouth.  You love to stick out your tongue and blow bubbles.  You love the water - the bath, the pool, the sink.  You kick your feet all the time, and you rub them together when your belly hurts.  You love, love, love to be naked.  You think it is so funny when I take your clothes off and say, "Naked Baby!"  You can be fussy and temperamental at times, but I can usually talk, sing, hug, kiss and dance you out of your bad moods.  And I hope that for all your life, I can be the one you come to when you need to feel better.  I will always be there with a smile and a hug.

I love you sweet boy! 
Mommy

No comments: