Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Perfect Case

Finding out my dad had cancer was one of the scariest things that has ever happened to me. He has always been such a strong man. It has always been kind of a joke in our family that my dad is Superman. But really it isn't a joke at all. He is our rock. Our Man of Steel. He has always done everything for our family. We rely on him for so much and that is how he likes it. I had a hard time imagining life any other way. Well luckily, I don't think I will have to worry any longer. He had surgery on Tuesday, and the doctor said it was a "perfect case." The prostate came out easily and the lymph nodes look fine. What a relief to have that weight lifted off his shoulders (and ours as well). He is home resting, and we are all doting (or maybe you would call it hovering). All I know is I thank God for answering our prayers. You can't beat the power of prayer.

The kryptonite is gone and Superman is doing fine.

2 comments:

The Beynon Family said...

Jamie: What an answer to prayer. I am so glad that your Dad is home and feeling better. I'm sure he is loving having all his daughters dote on him!

Anonymous said...

Jamie,

We just read "The Perfect Case" and we were touched by your heartfelt love for your Dad. Along with everyone else, we are glad the prayers were answered.

Love,
M&P