Saturday, December 22, 2007

My Son...My Son

Last weekend, Jay and I went to Florida for a friend's wedding. I missed Alex terribly, but I have to admit I did enjoy sleeping until 9:30 two days in a row!

On Friday morning the guys went golfing. Terri and I went to breakfast at the restaurant. Seated at the table next to us were these three "older" women. They were talking about their grown children and grandchildren as only women can do...The one lady was going on and on and on and on about her son. I can tell you all about his job, his wife, his house, his kids, but I won't.

The next day, we were all sitting around talking and somehow the subject of the ladies came up in conversation. I said to Terri, "The one lady was so funny. My Son! My Son! I hope I don't get like that when I am old." Terri looked me right in the eye and said, "Get like that???" You are like that!" And although she said it in jest, I know there is A LOT of truth to it. I guess I had been talking about Alex a lot! But really, who could blame me? I mean look at this face.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I love you, Mamma!"