Thursday, September 13, 2012

7 and 8 Months Old

Zachary,

The past two months have been a blur.  You have grown so much.  At 7 months, you weighed 15 pounds and at 8 months, you weigh 15 pounds 12 ounces.  I think you are going to be my little muscle man - just like Pop and Luke.

You eat anything and everything I put in front of you. You don't have any teeth yet, but you can chew and chew with your gums. You love Cheerios, turkey, fruit. And yesterday, you and Alex ate the same breakfast of waffles and yogurt!  I can tell already you are going to want to be just like your big brother!

August was such a fun month for you!  Steph, Ryan, and Chase came all the way from Australia to stay with us.  They brought a bunch of New Jersey cousins too - Jenny, Amy, Joan and Dolores.  We had a cookout with the whole family.  Then we spent a week in Ocean City with the Beynons.  And then we headed to the Jersey Shore for some more cousin time! You discovered the sand for the first time. You were a mess!!

You are learning so much.  I love watching you and interacting with you. I am trying to memorize every little thing about you at this age!
  • You are sometimes sleeping through the night.  And you usually take two naps a day. 
  • You love bath time. 
  • You clap hands and give kisses. 
  • You love when I tickle you, and you make this high pitched noise that sounds just like you are saying, "tickle. tickle." 
  • You are working on "So Big." You like to hold my hands and then I lift them up above your head.
  • You can sit up by yourself.  And you can get down from a sitting position.
  • You are learning to crawl.  You can get up on your hands and knees but haven't exactly mastered moving. Sometimes you wake up in the middle of the night and get up on your hands and knees and then cry for me, because you can't figure out how to get back down. 
  • You have figured out how to turn the music in your crib on all by yourself. And sometimes I hear it playing in the middle of the night.
  • You really love to play with (and chew on) your toys.  You like to knock down block towers and love anything that makes noise.  You love to hold my phone and the remote!
But most of all, the thing I want to remember best about you at this age, is how you want to be held.  Sure, you are a wiggle worm, but you want me to carry you around.  You love to be near me and people in general.  I love how you look at people expectantly, waiting for them to notice how cute you are!  It usually doesn't take long.  That smile of yours wins people over in an instant!




August 13, 2012 - 7 months


September 13, 2012 - 8 months

I love you Booba,
Mommy

No comments: