Monday, September 24, 2007

Date Night

Tonight Jay had a work dinner, so Alex and I went out on a date. We went to Cheeburger Cheeburger and had a blast. As we sat singing to the oldies blaring on the radio and drawing pictures on the back of the menu, the same question kept going through my mind....

What could be better than this??
Answer: ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

He is so much fun. It is so incredible to be able to talk to him and have him understand and talk back. I kept thinking, "Here I am having a conversation with my little boy!" He even ordered for himself tonight.
At the end of our date, the waitress took our picture and Alex gave me a kiss. And if you could have seen him drink an entire chocolate milkshake all by himself....so what if he only ate a cup of applesauce and half a grilled cheese....he really enjoyed every last drop of that milkshake.

By the way - today is the first day of fall and all is right with MY world.

2 comments:

The Beynon Family said...

What a handsome little date you had! Great pic, looks like you guys had a super time!

Anonymous said...

Jamie - I am going to see my "little boy" next week and I can hardly wait. It doesn't matter how old Willy gets, I still want to see his face everday and kiss him goodnight. I know God blessed me three times(4 if you include Buddy) and I thank him every night.
Val